Thursday, June 24, 2010

10 Years


Today Amanda and I celebrate 10 years of marriage.  Actually we went out to Olive Garden and celebrated on Monday.  We laughed about how it was us and our five crazies out celebrating our tenth anniversary.  We were going to get a picture, but that dropped pretty quickly on the priority list.  We had some hopes of a big tenth anniversary trip for just the two of us.  That turned into a pop up camper, a dinner at Oliver Garden with the kids and probably going to bed as soon as I get home tonight from T-ball with the boys.  How romantic!

We probably wouldn't have written it quite like this 10 years ago, but in God's providence and in his timing he works all things for the good of those that love him.  I wouldn't trade any of it.  Amanda is God's second most precious gift to me (after Jesus and the cross.)  God has used her to mold me and shape me into a greater likeness of him and for that I will forever be grateful.  She's my best friend and the person that I would always choose to spend time with.  I look forward to the next ten, twenty and beyond, should God continue to give them to us.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations love birds!!

Shube said...

Here's to spending your 20th at Red Losbter with 10 crazies! You DID get about 52 minutes alone at Grand View Lodge! :)
Happy Anniversary, Dearies!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

If you go for the 10 crazies I think Shube needs to hang up her testing shoes and go full time grandma!

Happy Anniversary. Love you guys.
T

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and wish you a wonderful anniversary YEAR!
G'pa