Monday, June 14, 2010

Guy's Weekend 8: Seattle

 
Every year I get together with 5 of my friends from college.  Usually we camp.  This year we all traveled to Seattle.  Ken (third from right) recently bought a cool house there.  It needed some work.  The roof had to be replaced and there was some landscape work to be done.  We spent three great days doing just that.  With our resident General Contractor, Ben D., who works for Habitat for Humanity and Alyn who has redone his house is Holland, Michigan, we were in good hands.  It's been a long time since I've been this sore, but it was a wonderful time of being with friends and learning more about roofing.  I told Amanda last night, that if I had a person to work out the details, I definitely could be of some help if I ever needed to do this for myself.

Thanks Ken and Andrea for a great weekend.  If you'd like to see more photos, you can here.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

So glad that you were able to help Ken and his wife and that you had fun doing it too.