Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Amanda Faith and a Crazy June

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!

Today we celebrate our beloved mother and wonderful wife.  While I was away in Seattle last weekend God confirmed in my mind again how wonderful of a woman that He has given me and how great of a team we are.  It has been a crazy June (and really a pretty crazy last six months), but we were able to settle on what Amanda was going to get for her birthday.


Last night we picked up our new pop up camper.  It is a 12 foot Jayco and we are very excited about what we hope it will bring to our family.  As the 22-year-old kid demonstrated all of the things about the hot water heater, the furnace, the water pump, the deep cycle battery my head spun.  Amanda, in all of her wisdom, said, "You weren't taught about any of that stuff, but just because we have the pop up our boys will know more about that stuff than you do."  Our hope is that the pop up gives us another way to, as T says, "raise our country kids in the city."  This weekend is our first trip.  We'll celebrate Amanda more, our anniversary (10 years) and Father's Day.

The kids were so excited about this.  Matthew said everyday for about a week, "I can't wait until we pick up the camper."  Last night each of them prayed and thanked God for the camper.  I am thankful too:  for the camper, my five kids and especially for the woman that God has given me to walk through life with as a partner, lover and friend.


7 comments:

Bill Roehl said...

I am so jealous! Congrats on the new camper and happy b-day Amanda!

Anonymous said...

Love the camper---and most of all love my favorite little girl (she's ALWAYS be my little girl!) in the whole world! Happy B'day, Honig.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda! I can't believe I was over there yesterday and didn't know it - sorry about that. I hope you have a great day! And, now that you have the pop-up, there are no excuses not to visit us in Cincy!

Abigail said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Amanda! I'm so thankful for your life!

Enjoy the cool camper.. lots of wonderful memories to be had.

Sharon said...

You're going to have a blast with your camper! Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMANDA FAITH!!

Sarah said...

Exciting times at the Gammons house! Happy birthday Amanda!

Gregg said...

1- Happy birthday, Sis!!
2- Love the camper...how fun.
3- Dig Matty's shirt. :)