Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Your life in your pocket

Just when I thought that I could not love my iPod any more, Apple today has announced HUGE changes in this product. They didn't announce a new iPod, but came out with what they call iPhone. At Macworld 2007 in Las Vegas, Steve Jobs (Apple CEO) unveiled a device that will be a phone, Internet device (surf the web, check e-mail, etc.) and an iPod. (Jobs also made a few other announcements. Check out Gregg's blog for details on the new iTV)The unit will not use a click wheel like the iPod; it will not use a keyboard like most Internet devices; it will not use a keypad like most phones. The screen will change for whatever device you might be using.
All of this can be yours for as little as $499 for the 4GB model or $599 for the 8GB model. It won't be available until June 2007. As great all of this seems, and it seems great, I don't think that I will be in the market for one of these devices very soon. We don't have an extra $500 or $600 laying around the house. Although if any of you are thinking about birthday presents for me . . . So, what does this mean for the normal user like me, who doesn't want all of the extras. What I would imagine is that they will come out with an iPod with a similar screen and UI (user interface). Maybe then, it will be more in my price range. Here's to hopin'.

Also, check out Gregg's blog for his predictions about the future of home electronics.

4 comments:

Gregg said...

Is it bad that I'm already doing the math to figure out how this can fit into my "budget" when it hits stores?

Nancy said...

Andy

I tried the directions you posted on the Falders Blog, about putting a photo in the banner, but I can't figure out how to read the code to put the photo in? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
Nancy

BTW I love your banner that is really cool!!

Andy Gammons said...

Nancy,
Two options, you can either send me an e-mail and give me your user name and password and I'll modify the code for you or you can IM me and I can walk you through the process. Do you IM? It is pretty easy, you just have to know where to look on the HTML code. Let me know what you want to do. What is your blog address?
andy

Anonymous said...

Too bad we didn't buy some mad Apple stock 5 years ago. They are so on the ball.

SN