Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cool things you can do with Google Maps

Have you checked out Google Maps lately? There are some pretty cool new things that you can do. For instance for the weekend that I am going camping with my friends from Taylor I thought it would be cool if I sent them all a map of where we were camping. Even better than that, I was able to put a lot of other things in the map as well. Check it out here.

As you can see, we are camping just a few miles from Wheaton, Illinois. I am pretty excited about the locale. You can also see on the map that we are pretty close to Portillo's, a great place for some Chicago-style dogs. I never would have thought that there was a place to camp this close to all of the fun stuff in Chicago. We had wanted to stay downtown, but we are all poor, so camping was a better option.

This is always a great weekend. We usually sit by a fire, talk a lot, throw a football or frisbee and just hang out. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Gregg said...

Looks like a cool spot. There are a couple SWEET disc golf courses within 20 minutes of your campsite there...just fyi!

Sharon said...

Wow, camping right outside of Chicago...the best of both worlds!! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

I hope it's even better than you hope.

Praying for you and your events today.

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Andy---
You will be only a few minutes from the lower level Fjellander pool room on Calvin Ct. I'm SURE they woudn't mind a visit!
Shube