Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Korn Dog

My first year at Cornerstone University I was a hall director in Quincer Hall. It was a great place--70 some guys in fire hazard lofts in a building that always smelled like urine. That year I met six amazing guys that came to be great friends: Andrew Bauer, Brian Kingshot, Matt Klooster, Ryan Avery, Andy McKee and Ryan Korstange. We always called Ryan Korstange "Korn Dog". This came from my mistakenly calling him "Kornstange" for most of the first semester there.

I thought of all of this yesterday because Matthew just got the super cool t-shirt below. Now he's our Corn Dog. I sure do miss seeing these guys. I am going to get to see Andy McKee in a few weeks when he makes the trek to MN for the ACSD conference. I hope all of them are well. Peace out, Korn Dog, wherever you are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gammons,

I have forwared this on to the guys. I hope they will get it. The Q were some life changing times for me and I know for they rest of the guys. I appreciate all you did for us during those times. You made a huge impact. See in a couple weeks.

McKee

Anonymous said...

Andy
I love you man, but you spelled my name wrong. It looks like things are well with you and your family. You have a great page! Courtney and I have a little girl, Elli Grace and live in Muskegon.

It was good to hear from you.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! You've got kids poppin' out all over. What's in the water down there? I guess you're still puttin those Superman drawers we made for you to good use. Andy G, you're an amazing man and I imagine you're kids are going to be just like you. Remember the Quincer shirts we designed with the barcode on the back and "Misunderstood" labeled the barcode? I never did make much sense of those shirts back then. But looking back I could see where people who didn't know what Q stood for and the label "misundertood" could be mistaken for our flamboyant nature. Yikes. I've gotta stop wearing that shirt in public.