Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hymn of the Week--In My Heart There Rings a Melody

This song is not full of theological significance. It is simply a song of a changed life. We heard it played on the radio yesterday and knew it needed to be our hymn of the week. Amanda has been listening to a Christian radio station on AM. They call themselves "The Bible Station". That is the only place that you would be able to find this song on the radio.

Hymn of the Week
In My Heart There Rings a Melody
Words and Music by Elton M. Roth

I have a song that Jesus gave me,
It was sent from Heaven above;
There never was a sweeter melody,
'Tis a melody of love.

Chorus
In my heart there rings a melody.
There rings a melody with heaven's harmony;
In my heart there rings a melody;
There rings a melody of love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Know that one by heart
t

Anonymous said...

I hope you're honoring the time-tested tradition of "holds" on the first 4 notes of the chorus!
;)
Shube

robert said...

Thanks for posting Elton Roth's fine gospel song. You're right: no really deep theology. But that's not the purpose of the song. It's an expression of the joy of salvation.

Today is the 58th anniversary of Roth's death. If you enjoy learning about our hymns and their authors, please check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.