Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hymn of the Week--How Great Thou Art

My deepest memory of this hymn is how every summer at our church's summer camp, Donna Pollard would sing it at the Wednesday night service. The sun would be setting over the lake. Most of the people that I loved the most were around a circle of picnic tables. I was tired and dirty from one of the best weeks of the summer. It was not hard to wonder at how great God was. I love this hymn. It has taken us a while to get to it.

Hymn of the Week

How Great Thou Art
Words by Carl Gustaf Boberg
Music--Swedish Folk Song


O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Will I ever be able to sing this without getting choked up for the beauty of it and remembering it was my Grandma's favorite hymn?
(You don't have to answer...)
I love this hymn!

Sarah said...

Great choice. This is a favorite at our house as well.

Anonymous said...

Favorite.
And favorite memory of Donna.