Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Wonderful Minnesota Day

From August
It's fair time again in Minnesota. On Monday, I took the day off and we all went out to the "Great Minnesota Get-together." It was a great day. The high was 72 degrees, the sun was out, the food was great and the company was even better. Copying Abraham, here is my list of things that I enjoyed.
  1. Riding the bus for free.
  2. Getting there early. We were there by about 8:45 AM. We beat the crowds and the temp was great.
  3. X Zone--Skateboarders from age 9 to professionals as well as BMX bikers put on a great show.
  4. The SkyGlide--This is a ski lift that goes out towards machinery hill. Great views and a lengthy ride. Our first year of doing this. We will be back.
  5. Car displays--I loved walking around to all of the different auto displays. Amanda, Shube and the kids took breaks while I meandered from display to display.
  6. The GIANT slide--I love doing this with the boys.
  7. The food.
Amanda said this morning that she wanted to go back. We can't wait until next year.
From August

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Hello!
I linked here from 22 Words. I enjoyed your list and I second the food, the slide and going early!
I love Fair time! When I was a kid and into adulthood and early marriage, my Dad’s heating/cooling/plumbing company had the contract with the Fair. His business would diversify and “set up shop” in an older building behind the horse and cattle barns at the fair, so every Fair time we got a 2 week gate pass which allowed us to drive in, park at my Dad’s shop and enter into the excitement of the fair via the animal area!
Later when our daughters were young, we’d also go as early as possible to beat the crowds and hopefully beat the heat. Our favorite days were those unseasonably cool ones! Your (and Abraham's) post brought a flood of happy memories from the Kansas State Fair which was in my hometown. I’ve moved 45 minutes away and my Dad has retired. The grandkids are a year or two too young ro really appreciate it, but our daughter who still lives close will go with her husband and make new memories (while I babysit)! I haven't gone for a few years. Sorry for cluttering your comment section.
Blessings to your family!
Laurie

philthecarl said...

Hey brother,

I love that picture of your kids, stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

It WAS a great day! I'm just a little bit sorry that we didn't try hotdish-on-a-stick. How Minnesotan can you get? Next year---for SURE!
Shube

Allison said...

The boys all look so grown up. Nothin' wrong with day at the Great Minnesota Get Together!

Sharon said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Sorry I missed it this year:(

Anonymous said...

It looks like the Minnesotans might have the hoosiers beat on this one.