Thursday, October 25, 2007

Still sick, but back to work

I came to work yesterday after taking some Dayquil. I don't know what went wrong, but at about 9:00, I was in the rest room throwing up. If you've ever been around me when I am sick, you know what that sounded like. I am a bit of a loud vomiter. I don't know where that came from because when I got home my stomach was fine. Matthew was the last of us to be sick and he woke up during the night with the scratchy cough and the stuffed up nose.

Yesterday afternoon we built a fire in the backyard and enjoyed one of the last 60+ degree days. I just wrapped myself up in a big blanket. Building fires is a great thing for me and the boys. Yesterday I told Molly how when she is 16, she and I will sit out by the fire just the two of us. Amanda doesn't really like to be out by the fire and her brothers will all be out of the house (maybe.) It is fun to think down the road like that.

I hope all of you are able to dodge the change of season sickness. Pray for Amanda that she can make it through these days.

P.S.
Photos by Ben. He thought it was a pretty cool deal!

3 comments:

Gregg said...

"...a bit of a loud vomiter"?? Understatement of the year.

I don't remember where we all were sleeping, but the first time Allison and I heard you throwing up (in the middle of the night), we thought a someone was dying for sure. Amazing!

Also, the fire-blanket-kids combo looks cozy!

Anonymous said...

Also a witness to the "sound of the world coming to an end." :)
Shube

Sharon said...

It makes me smile when I think about the guy two stalls down when you were "losing your cookies"!! I'm sure he was a bit alarmed:) I'm glad you're feeling better.