Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Al Man Cometh


We (especially Tricia) have been anticipating Alex's arrival all week. He had to work this week and so was not able to come up when everyone else did. One thing I am especially looking forward to about his arrival is that he is bringing the fireworks. When I thought about getting some fireworks for our time in Alpena, I knew that Alex was the man for the job. Alex is the kind of guy that always goes top shelf. If there is a $2 __________ and a $20 ___________, then Alex is going with the $20 __________. This is a fun person to be around. It always makes you feel like you're important. "Why would we spare the $18 when we can celebrate with you." That is how I feel Alex is thinking when he makes these decisions. There's no pretension or showing off. He really thinks that the $20 ________ will be more fun. More often than not, I think he's right!

So, Alex called a few days ago after going to get the fireworks. I won't throw out any dollar figures, but I will say that I think we are going to have quite a bit of fun tomorrow night. Being that we are half way to the North Pole, it doesn't get dark until 10:00 PM. The boys are going to stay up late and we'll put on quite a show. I'll post some pictures of our good times tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. It's all fun until somebody loses an eye! :) Wish I were there. I'd add a nice redition of, "It's a Grand Old Flag" by the Gammons boys!
Love ya,
Shube

Anonymous said...

I know rendition has an N in it. :(
Flying too fast...

Shube

Traci said...

Andy,

I gave your site a glance after Tricia commented on looking at 4th of July pictures. I'm laughing hard about this post. It's such a Falder boy thing. I love how you describe it. I may link this post onto my site.