Monday, June 30, 2008

Paradise: For Sale


I was going to write about this, but Holly's comment on my previous post made me want to do it even more. Yes, indeed my mom has put her house on Lake Huron up for sale. For as long as I can remember it was my parents' dream to live on the lake. A few years after my dad died, my mom decided that it was time. She bought this house on the lake, cut the roof off, and added on the second level. Even before we moved in the house, I had bonfires on the beach. Since we moved in it has been a solace and oasis for our family. We have entertained many friends and family on the beach and around the fire pit. Amanda and I were married in the backyard. Tricia and Alex danced together on the deck at a party we had there after they were married. We have celebrated Thanksgivings, Christmases, and birthdays there.

Mom has been splitting her time between Florida and Alpena for the past two years. She feels like it is now time to make the permanent transition to Florida. Joe, Carrie, Drew and their soon-to-be-born baby are there and it is a good place for her. While we will miss her home, Alpena, and people that we love there, we know that it is a good move for Mom.

If you're interested in a piece of heaven in Northeastern Michigan that would be a bargain at twice the price, check out the link at the top of the page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...if money only grew on trees...i'd pick it for this slice of heaven on earth...