Friday, December 18, 2009

Why I Blog

I blog for my family.

I blog for my friends.

I have found that the main benefit of blogging for me is that when I see my family or friends in person I get to skip the normal first portion of conversation. They don't have to ask, "So what have you been up to?" They already know. This why I appreciate when my family blogs. It helps us go just a little deeper than we would have otherwise. I blog about my thoughts too for this reason. It helps promote deeper conversation when I see my friends and family.

If you're not family, you're always welcome. If you're not a friend I see that often, you're welcome too. Family and friends, keep up the blogging. I love it and it helps me feel more a part of your lives.

5 comments:

philthecarl said...

I like that you blog!

Sharon said...

I love your blog. It makes me feel much more connected to you and your family since you are so far away. Keep doing it, please!!

Abigail said...

Love your blog. Keep it up.

jenny said...

I love your blog too....although we don't really keep up otherwise, it is a great way to keep up with another TU family. God has done great things in your family!
Jenny C. (and fam)
calcrew.wordpress.com

Joe Foell said...

Hi! You don't know me from Boo, since I just happened across your blog (some time ago) by clicking over from '22 Words'. I love your read-aloud book reviews and hymn selections. You make me want to start a blog myself. My biggest concern is how to find the time to do it justice. With 5 little ones, and a full schedule beyond the daily demands of family, I don't know how I could do it well.

Thanks for showing that it can be done!

Joe