Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bunkhouse

Last night I spent almost three hours putting together the five crates of bunk bed parts that Roadway Express dropped off at our house yesterday. We put the boys in front of the babysitter, I mean TV and I went to work. Benjamin could not wipe the grin off his face when we surprised them around 9:45 pm. He has been talking about a bunk bed since he saw the one at the Arendt's house.

As we went to bed, I said to Amanda, "Now we are pretty much set up for five kids. If we had another boy, we'd just throw him in the bottom bunk. If we had another girl, we could put her in the other room." I think we're probably done after this one, but I like to goad Amanda.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

HOW FUN!! They look like they're sturdy and really nice. The boys will enjoy them and sleep in bunk beds right straight through college:) Do you have everything that you need as far as bedding goes?

Anonymous said...

I call the top!

Gregg said...

What fun!

I loved sharing bunks with Brad when we were young - especially since they were hand-me-downs from Dad and Clay. I remember one of the wooden slats that held the top mattress in place said "Clayton Nagel" on it in child-writing.

Sarah said...

It sounds like your house is quite the exciting place right now. I can't wait to come over and see the new set up.