Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hymn of the Week--May The Mind of Christ My Savior

This week we have been singing the hymn May The Mind of Christ My Savior. I'm not sure where I learned this hymn, but I think it is fairly new to me. Maybe it was Calvin. It is a great hymn and hooks us into our churches focus this week on scripture memorization. This is why we memorize God's word, so that the mind of Christ (as revealed through his word) might also be our mind.


Hymn of the WeekMay The Mind of Christ My Savior
Words by Adelaide A. Pollard
Music by A. Cyril Barham-Gould


May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Where'd ya learn it??? How about Ripley Boulevard Baptist Church on Sunday nights:) It's a good one, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I learned (and came to love) this one at Moody. Most of the pianists trembled...as it is in the key of E-Major (4-sharps). Maybe the newer hymnals have found a better key, and that might enhance it's popularity (fewer accompanists putting the kabosh on its selection!). Great hymn-writing on this one, as well as a thoughtful lyric.
Shube

robert said...

H-m-m... Love the hymn, but it was not written by Adelaide Pollard. It was written by Kate Barclay Wilkinson. And today is the 150th anniversary of her birth.

Amen to your comment about Scripture memorization. God's Word says we are to be "transformed by the renewing of [our] mind" (Rom. 12:2), and it is the Word that the Holy Spirit uses to do that.

My mother, who died at the age of 93, memorized the entire book of Psalms, and many other Scriptures. Even in her latter years, when she was blind and could no longer read, she had the comfort and encouragement of the Scriptures to sustain her.

God bless you and your family.

https://venko.com.ua said...

Hello! I would like to open hair salon. Does anybody have an experience in this field? I want to do all without big mistake) Could anybody give me an advise? Where to buy Vintage tattoo machines for sale and Tattoo machines liner for sale. I'm choosing between Advance-esthetic.com and Advance-esthetic.us websites.