Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Wrap-up

From Christmas '08

I read Gregg and Allison's post reviewing the year that just closed and appreciated it so much that I thought I would take a wack at it myself. In order to do this, I actually got out a pencil and paper and rolled back through this year of posts.

This year . . .
Some of our favorite reads from this year
  • Chaim Potok's The Chosen and The Promise
  • Edith Schaeffer's books about family and home
  • Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer
The themes that have dominated this year are getting to know our kids as people even more, loving our church and finding connections there through ministry and our new small group, a struggle for contentment in vocation and developing a deeper partnership in parenting and life for Amanda and me.

It has been an interesting year and one of many blessings. We have seen God's hand in our lives drawing us into deeper relationship with Him. We have experienced frustrations as parents and even greater joy. We thank God for our family and friends--if you're reading this you fall into one of those. We pray that God shows us even more of himself in 2009 and this morning, I pray that for you as well. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Andy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, Andy. I enjoy following your blog. It good to have a window into your family and it's also thought-provoking.