Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hymn of the Week--He Touched Me

We have begun going back through our list of hymns. I'll try to publish the whole list and ask for suggestions on ones we missed the first time through. I know what you'll say about this week's "hymn." Bill Gaither? I grew up in the change over period. We still sang from the hymnal every Sunday, but "choruses" had made their way into the pages. This is one of those that I still love. I love the idea of Christ's initiation. I didn't reach out for him. He touched me and made me whole.

Hymn of the Week
He Touched Me
Words and music by Bill Gaither

Shackled by a heavy burden
Need the Lord again and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me
And now I am no longer the same

For He touched me, He touched me
He touched me and what a wonderful joy
What wonderful joy that foods my soul
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole

NOTE: Do a search on IMEEM and see all of the people that have sung this song. Elvis, Barbara Streisand, The Isaacs, Donny Reagan, George Beverly Shea, Benny Hinn and many more. I like the version below.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I always like the HOTW :)

Anonymous said...

I saw the title and said to myself before even reading the post, "I hope you're doing the Gaither version".

OOOOOOOOOh, He touched me.

T