Monday, June 15, 2009

Best Pizza in St. Paul, MN

This weekend, Amanda, Shube, the kids and I all were jonesing for some pizza. Abigail had recommended a pizza joint in St. Paul, but we couldn't remember the name. Through the marvels of modern communication, I instant messaged Tom and we were on our way to Red Savoy's Pizza in minutes.

When Amanda and I want to go out for pizza we want a place where we can sit down and be served. We aren't looking for a lot of frills, just some good 'za. Red's Savoy had just that. The outside of the restaurant looks pretty ramshackled. It's right at the intersectino of I-94 and Highway 52. The inside looks like it has not been touched since the 1960's. The lights are low and the atmosphere is perfect. But what about the 'za? We ordered a peperoni pizza for me and the boys and a tomato, green pepper and mushroom for the girls. The peperoni was amazing. We counted six layers of peperoni and tons of cheese. The pizza is a traditional hand tossed and the sauce is very good.

If you're looking for a good pizza in the Twin Cities, check out Red's Savoy. The also have some other locations that do delivery.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Sounds like my post a while back about The Pizza Shack here in Indiana. I think I might be changing my menu for tonight after reading this.

Bill Roehl said...

I always felt Red Savoy's was overrated but I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Heidi said...

are you trying to make me hungry or what? funny we call it pizza. pizza how snoop dog would say it though...not peetz-ah.

Anonymous said...

Yes. The pizza at Red Savoy was quite YUM-O; however, Giardano's, Lou Malnati's and Gino's in Chi-town remain at the top of my list. Chicago-style pizza is in a league of its own.
Shube

philthecarl said...

Sounds bigtime man! I would recommend John's Pizza on the corner of Dale and Como as my favorite pizza joint in St. Paul. Try the Southwest BBQ Chicken pizza...