Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One of the funnier things I've seen in a while

I read some tech blogs in the morning and one of them recently featured Improv Everywhere. They are a group in New York that does pranks in public. My favorite one is where they have hundreds of people freeze at the exact same moment in Grand Central Station and stay frozen for five minutes.


They do all of these things just to make people smile and laugh. Here's another one. They had a bunch of people dress up in blue polo shirts and khaki pants and go into a Best Buy in NYC. When asked what they were doing, they all replied, "Just waiting for my friend." As you can see in the video, the Best Buy employees got a little worked up and called the police. The police had to explain to the security that it is not against the law to wear a blue polo and khaki pants in Best Buy. Hilarious.


You can see more of their "missions" here.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

that's awesome!

Gregg said...

I follow their antics regularly! I posted a video of a bunch of them showing up at a little league game to cheer with announcers and a jumbotron sometime last year.

I really like the BestBuy one!

Anonymous said...

Ha.
T

Sharon said...

This whole thing reminds me of the things that you and Tricia used to do in stores when you were in Jr High/HS...speaking another language, faking arguements etc. :) Do you remember that?