Friday, April 6, 2007

Happy Easter

I have already enjoyed this Holy Week so much. I am looking forward to a good weekend of focusing on God's gift of salvation. One of the ways that we have been focusing on this is by trying to teach the boys about it. We have been reading the Holy Week stories from the book of Mark after dinner and singing "He Lives" for our hymn. Then at night we have been reading from the book about passion hymns, Passion Hymns for a Kid's Heart. I mentioned the Christmas version of this book in an earlier post. These are good books if you've got kids.

Amanda has really been amazing with the boys lately. Sometimes I come back into their world and am amazed at the work that she puts in. Yesterday was one such moment. I got home and found their passion week time line (pictured below) on the co
unter. I was so impressed and so proud. The best part was when the boys came out and were also very proud of what they had done. It was great to hear them talk about it too. Caleb was hilarious when he would answer the questions about how "Jesus died on the cwoss." As I seek to help the boys know more about Jesus, the Holy Spirit is faithful to also draw me into a deeper relationship with Him. This is the cliche "To teach is to learn twice." Happy Easter to each of you. He is risen . . . indeed.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Amanda. I love the idea.