Monday, April 2, 2007

Where have the Falders gone?

My daily blog ritual contains visits to the following blogs: everything nagel (Amanda's brother Gregg and his wife Allison's blog), The Falders (my sister Tricia's blog), Alpena to Naples (my mom Sharon's blog) and lazylightning.org (my friend from work, Bill's blog).

Lately, there's been a HUGE hole in my ritual. Tricia has been out of the blogosphere for quite a while and she has been missed. She has been a new mother for five months and while that is obviously and should be her #1 priority, we are hoping for a resurgence in blog activity. To that end, I will suggest some topics that might be of interest to her readers.

  1. What are you thinking about? Dreaming about? Wondering about? Scared about? For instance, I have been thinking a lot about the misogynistic view of girls in our society. I am nervous, scared, disgusted by the way that girls (especially 11-22) are only viewed as having value because of their sexuality. This came up when I was reading an article about Wynton Marsalis in Paste Magazine. He was talking about the 5 things that are most frustrating to him about today's society. Misogyny was on the list. I have also been thinking about how I will try and overcome this when our daughter is born. What do you think about this Tricia?
  2. What is it like to live in Pennsylvania? What do you like? Dislike?
  3. What are you reading? Listening to?
  4. What is it like to be a mother? Is it what you thought it would be? Best part? Worst part?
  5. What do you think about the price of tea in China?
Anyway, just some ideas. We hope you're back soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur.

Sharon said...

DITTO!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This will definitely prompt some time on the computer tomorrow. Thanks for missing me so much!