Thursday, April 19, 2007

Matty's first haircut

I remember the day that Matthew was born well. I remember the doctor pulling as hard as he could to get him out. I remember him having trouble breathing at first and us bringing him in to Amanda in the recovery room. I remember Shirley and Mom bringing the boys up to the hospital to meet their new little brother. Both were rather uninterested. I remember Allison holding him and crying.

Last night we gave Matty his first haircut. There have been many firsts. Now he is becoming a little person with many opinions and tons of personality. He doesn't put up with any gruff from his brothers, but loves to give them hugs. He struggles with patience from about 4:00 until dinner time. He loves to go to bed. He LOVES balls--baseball, soccer ball, basketball, little ball, big ball. He loves his mom and gets very excited when I get home. He has a lot to say, but just hasn't figured out the words to say it. He is a beautiful, sweet little boy. He is our Matt-t-t.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

He looks so sweet with his new hair cut!! I think he's the most "Nagel" of all the boys and looks so much like his Grandpa Dave. He's precious and wonderful. I love the chair! It's just the right red and looks great with the rest of the furniture. Good choice!!

Allison said...

What a beeeutiful boy and a handsome cut!! I remember so vividly that day I first met him--it gives me chills just thinking about it--so much love and life in the room that day...Can't wait to hang out with him in a couple of months to experience the little person he is growing into.
Tante Allison

Gregg said...

Very slick!

Is the alligator on his t-shirt an ode to Sharon's golfing adventures?!

Anonymous said...

It's about time on the haircut...I have come so close to slipping him into my room w/ my clippers but didn't want to spoil the moment for you guys. He does look dapper, and Sharon, his hair is about the same length and density of mine right now!
D.

Julie said...

Hey Gammons family!
It's Julie In't Hout. I actually fell upon your site sometime last month, but the filter at the school where I'm teaching doesn't allow me to comment.
Life looks like it's going well for you guys. It's fun (crazy!) to see how big your family is. And congrats on expecting again soon!
I'm actually due in August with our first!
Anyways. Thought I'd drop by...
Have a great weekend!